Day 14: Pray for your church.
Today let’s take a moment and pray for our church. If you don’t go to church or have a home church, pray for the churches in your local community.
Looking for ideas?
Don’t know what to say to God during this time of prayer? Here are some things to talk over with him:
- Pray for the pastor.
- Pray for the pastor’s spouse/family.
- Pray for unity for the church body.
- Pray that the church always seeks the Lord.
- Pray for peace and understanding in the church; that the church emulates Jesus and his teachings.
- Pray for all church leaders (teaching elders, Sunday school teachers, Deacons, Elders, etc.)
- Pray that the church serves and reaches out to the community and those in need.
PCUSA suggested readings for Daily Readings in Lent–Lectionary Year A
Just joining us? See the entire list of the 40 Days here